Klimova-Donchouk L. B.
Organization, job position
• National Research Institute for Vine and Wine "Magarach"
заведующая научной библиотекой
Web site url
Current rating (overall rating of articles)
Articles count: 1
The article presents historical information about the stages of gradual transformation of the first non-large wine-making institution of Crimea, organized in 1828 under the initiative of Prince M.S. Vorontsov in the natural boundary called Magarach near the Imperial Nikitsky botanical garden in the world famous Institute of Grape and Wine "Magarach" - once the chief coordinator of the research work in the field of viticulture and winemaking republics of the USSR and the main forge of scientific staff in this direction. Among the directors of the institute of the last century, there were such talented organizers as A.G. Globa, T.G. Kataryan, P.Y. Golodriga. The Institute operated a network of regional branches, created enotec with a settled in 1836 wine Muscat pink Magarach (World rarity is reflected in the Guinness book of records), the world ampelographic collection (fourth in number of samples), scientists developed area-standard assortment for production, issued 11 Volumes of "Ampelography of USSR" (awarded by OIV), designed a lot of outstanding for yield and stability varieties (Pervenets Magaracha, Ranniy Magaracha, Citron Magaracha et al.) and clones (Muscat white of Red Stone, Pinot Noir yields and others.) grapes. There was a significant contribution in the sphere of research and development of viticulture and winemaking of world, the institute was given an international prestige and this led to establishing the base of the General Assembly of the OIV - International Organization of Grape and Wine, the International Symposium on the selection of wine-town, several international wine tasting competitions and International finest examples of table grapes